Sunday, January 8, 2012

"Grindhouse: Double Feature"

*****


I can't begin to describe how sad I was at the thought that the work of utter brilliance I witnessed in theaters would be forever sundered and shut away. Here it is, the work of true craptacular glory envisioned by the directors. Mr. Tarantino and Mr. Rodriguez have crafted a masterpiece, with a little help from a few friends. The two movies just work better in their shorter run times: they are fast paced, exciting, funny as hell, and a real gory good time. At just over three hours this movie is an undertaking, but if you sit through it you will be well rewarded. I actually stood when it was over and gave a standing ovation, something I have never done in a movie theater before, and probably never will again! If you've only ever seen the split versions of these films you should certainly check them out again in their true form. It is a glory of glories!

No comments:

Post a Comment