Sunday, January 8, 2012

"10,000 B.C."

*


I am a fan of this director's work. That makes the steaming pile of pig slop he squatted out here all the more upsetting. I'm also a big fan of fantasy, and have little problem accepting presented scenarios when all those around me find plausibility stretching thin. But the thought that in a few days time travelers could move from snowy peaks to warm, lush jungles to dry, arid desert makes me jump up and yell now wait just one damn minute! Throw in an isolated tribe that's more multi-ethnic and multi-accented with more people with gleaming, perfect teeth than a Starbucks in Times Square and my BS meter is way in the red zone. Then there's the contacts the lead girl wears. Come on, they couldn't find a girl who actually had blue eyes? Is there a shortage of blue-eyed women? And don't even get me started on the inane plot. I have never in my life been more disappointed by a movie. Easily the worst film of 2008, and maybe one of the worst ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment