Sunday, January 8, 2012

"G-Force"

**

I didn't exactly go in to this one with the highest expectations, but the gimmick of 3-D often elevates a ho-hum movie into a bonafide event. This was the case with the recent Journey to the Center of the Earth. The movie was pretty average, but the 3-D made it incredibly fun. Not so here. The depth of the shots is decent, but there's really very little of that eye-popping, in your face 3-D we've come to expect from these movies.

Aside from that the story is uninspired, the visual effects are good, yes, but not great, the action is fairly lazy, and it just plain isn't funny. A chuckle here and there and that's about it. And I'm not alone here, the packed theater I saw it in (full mostly of children) remained fairly quiet throughout. And there's Tracy Morgan. See my review of Farce of the Penguins for my opinion on him and his vocal effect on comedy.

I will admit there's a good chance the youngest viewers may enjoy the cuddly characters and bright colors, but once they enter the double digits they'll probably be just as bored as you, the parent, will be. I'd say avoid this one. It is, in my opinion, the worst movie of 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment